Exercise Details for Bulgarian Split Squat
Guided steps for Bulgarian Split Squat
- Remember to always keep your eyes directed forward when doing the exercise and do not turn your body
- The back should be straight and not tilted in any direction. The outer thigh muscle of your hind leg will benefit from this.
- Tighten your stomach and stabilize your hips
- If you have difficulty keeping your balance, choose a lower bench behind you until you feel more secure
- The front knee and the front foot should point in the same direction which is forward.
- The centre of gravity should be in the middle of the front foot
- Do not move your knee too much in front of your toes. Otherwise, it will strain the knee
- Keep your knees straight. Make sure that it does not move inwards or outwards to avoid injury.
- Do not stress the exercise up and down, but perform the movement in a calm and controlled manner. As soon as you start swaying in any direction, it is best that you slow down and focus on regaining control
- You can perform the exercise with a dumbbell in each hand or with a single one as in a Goblet Squat