Incline Bench Press
Guide for Incline Bench Press
- Press your whole feet into the ground for stability
- Pinch your shoulder blades
- The more inclined the bench is the more the shoulders come into the picture. If you run at a 45 degree angle, you must pay extra attention to the shoulders being pulled back before lifting. Optimal bench angle is somewhere between 30 and 56 degrees.
- Bend the bar with your hands.
- Your arms should be parallely towards the body. Maintain a 70 degree angle between your body and upper arms otherwise the joint is overloaded
- Keep your shoulders pulled back throughout the exercise
- Narrower grips allow you to exercise the inner part of the chest and triceps.
- Do not move the bar to the chin but let it land on the upper part of the chest. Higher than regular bench press but not too high.