Exercise Details for Pec Dec
Guide for Pec Dec
- Before you sit down, pull out one handle at a time. If you do both at the same time, there is an increased risk of injury
- Pull back the shoulders and pinch the shoulder blades together. The chest should then go forward and the shoulder should move shoulders back.
- Buttocks, shoulder blades and head should be pressed against the chair during the entire exercise, do not swing forward
- Straight wrists
- Keep your shoulders down
- Keep your shoulders retracted
- Do not bring your arms back more than parallel to your rear, otherwise your shoulders will take a beating
- When you have done your reps, do not return both handles at the same time! Stand up and move one handle back at a time
- In case of shoulder discomfort, try Cable Crossovers or Landscape Flyes instead.