Why should you do biceps curl in a cable machine?
Most of the time you curl using dumbbells or barbells, but sometimes the cable machine is the better alternative. One of the great advantages is that you can quickly change weight and perform a drop set to get the lactic acid going properly. Therefore, end your biceps workout with a couple of drop sets in this exercise.
Guide for Biceps Cable curl
- Stand in a shoulder-width apart position with your feet
- Do not go too far away from the machine so that the cable is tilted, it should go pretty much straight down when we perform it with a barbell
- Lean back slightly with straight arms
- Pull back the shoulders and push your shoulder blades together, your chest should move forward
- Your elbows should be fixed to your body. Do not swing them back and forth. Do not flake them aside when you get tired
- Do not pull up the bar quickly it should be a slow movement
- Feel free to hold for a few seconds in the top position and squeeze your biceps
- Load up on the eccentric and really control the weight on the way down for every single rep.
- Full range of motion with your arms